Father’s Day is coming up fast and there is no better way to honor your dad and show him that you love him than with a sturdy dad drink! Father’s Day is all about appreciating your dad and all the things he has done and sacrificed to give you the awesome life you have now; there’s no better way of showing you care than by serving your father special dad cocktails all day. Just keep them coming!
Making a drink for any dad shouldn’t be that hard, especially when it seems like all dads drink the same thing—whiskey, bourbon, scotch. It’s like some club you immediately enter once a man has a child. So make sure to grab a delicious bottle of one of the three and make a tasty drink that will make your father proud.
- Chill a mixing glass and an Old Fashioned glass.
- Fill the mixing glass with ice.
- Add simple syrup, bitters, and bourbon to the mixing glass.
- Add one very large, fresh ice cube or several smaller fresh cubes to the chilled Old Fashioned glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass, over the fresh ice.
- Garnish with a twist of citrus—lemon or orange, depending on your preference.
The Old Fashioned is a claaaaassic dad drink and it’s easy to make! With only a few ingredients you can keep the drinks coming with no problem. I’m sure your dad will enjoy this drink on his special day. Make this delicious all year around as well, it never gets “old”.
- 2 ounces blended Scotch whisky
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce honey syrup
- 3 slices fresh ginger
- 1/4 ounce Islay single malt Scotch
- Using a wooden muddler or mixing spoon, muddle the fresh ginger in the bottom of a cocktail shaker until it is well mashed. Add the blended Scotch, lemon juice, and honey syrup, and fill shaker with ice. Shake until well chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass (you may wish to double-strain through a fine tea strainer to remove the small flecks of ginger), and pour the Islay Scotch over the back of a bar spoon so that it floats atop the drink.
Penicillin is a great whiskey cocktail that will sure keep your dad happy and can be his own personal antibiotic for the day. You can make it the best Father’s Day ever!
- Combine 1/4 cup rye whiskey, 2 tablespoons sweet vermouth, and 2 dashes Angostura bitters in a glass filled with ice. Stir until outside of glass is very cold. Strain into a Nick & Nora glass; garnish with 1 cherry.*
- These plump, boozy, not-too-sweet cherries elevate the world's best drink. Barker & Mills Bourbon Vanilla Cocktail Cherries, $12/9 ounces
Your dad will be a character right out of Mad Men with a great drink like a Manhattan. Make it a Father’s Day to remember when you hand your dad this delicious and classic drink.
Celebrate your dad with your dad, share a drink and be merry. You only get one dad so make sure to make the day a special one. Get it, stir it, make it, drink it. Stir up a great Father’s Day for all.